mUX: The Journal of Mobile User Experience is closing
mUX: The Journal of Mobile User Experience is closing and will cease to be published by SpringerOpen as of 31/12/2016. SpringerOpen will continue to host an archive of all articles previously published in the journal and all articles published in mUX: The Journal of Mobile User Experience during its time with SpringerOpen will remain fully searchable via the SpringerOpen website.
Published on: 17 June 2016
Published on: 5 May 2016
Published on: 19 April 2016
Published on: 28 March 2015
Published on: 28 November 2012
Experiences with AR plots: design issues and recommendations for augmented reality based mobile games
Published on: 29 January 2013
Published on: 13 September 2012
Published on: 12 February 2013
Aims and scope
mUX: The Journal of Mobile User Experience, previously known as ComC, is a peer-reviewed open access journal published by Springer.
mUX combines technology, social and design research including new interaction techniques for mobile devices, location-based applications, mobile services in entertainment, advertising, retail and gaming.
mUX will accept articles of any length that present a significant contribution to research, discussion, debate, or review and aims to have a 3 month turnaround time. Please see the article types below for more details.
- Context aware devices and services
- NFC communication
- 3D interaction and AR
- Social characteristics of mobile use and adoption
- Social mobile gaming
- Multimodal interaction
- Location sharing
- Voice and sound user interfaces
- Mobile search experience
- Sensor-based experiences
- Enterprise mobile services
- Mobile imaging experiences
- Information visualisation
- User Experience
Original submission types
- Research articles: research studies, user experience trials, real-world software and platform trials;
- Commentaries: on key issues in the mUX space;
- Debate articles: articles that take controversial or outspoken positions on current topics;
- Reviews: analyses of current research, key articles or publications.